As reported by the Daily Mail, Scott Sibella, the chairman of Resorts World Las Vegas, has been sacked following the supposed breach of policies of the aforementioned deluxe casino and hotel, which was validated by Genting Berhad on Friday, September 15.
The new CEO of the famous casino & hotel located on the Las Vegas Strip will be Peter LaVoie. Furthermore, speaking on the matter, in a statement to DailyMail.com, a spokeperson for Resorts World said: “Resorts World Las Vegas today announced that president and COO Scott Sibella has left the company, effective immediately. This action comes after the company was recently made aware that Mr. Sibella violated company policies and the terms of his employment. Peter’s extensive experience and expertise make him the right person to lead Resorts World Las Vegas through this transition.”
However, this new development comes following a six-week period that passed after DailyMail.com revealed that federal law enforcement officers from California paid a visit to Resorts World regarding their wider investigation into a non-legal sports wagering ring led by Wayne Nix, a previous minor league baseball player, which served NFL and MBA players.
Previous allegations related to Sibella:
Earlier in 2023, Nevada authorities found Sibella not guilty of charges that ” the convicted illegal bookmaker held an ownership position in Tacos El Cabron, a food outlet within Resorts World.” Additionally, Brandon Sattler made the claims in an affidavit in a fraud lawsuit, linking Sibella to sentenced bookie David Stroj.
However, Nevada gaming laws prohibit casinos from doing business with any sentenced non-legal gambler. In this regard, the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) commented during February that the claims regarding Sattler were unconfirmed and found him innocent.
When asked by DailyMail.com for his opinion on the situation, Sibella did not instantly respond to messages. But, when he did respond, he wrote in a text message: “So look at this, nobody wanted to believe me, and look what happened. This piece of s**t is out on the streets, and Resorts World needs to issue a public apology to me.”
Scott Sibella is 60 years old and a veteran of the Las Vegas Strip. In addition, he formerly held senior positions at the Golden Nugget, MGM Grand, Tropicana, Mirage and Treasure Island as well as managing the Tropicana’s Atlantic City outpost and Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City.
What’s more, during 2011, during his job as COO and president of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, he acted in an episode of Undercover Boss, taking on the role of casino blackjack dealer. Then, during 2019, he left the aforementioned biggest single hotel in the world and was hired at the Resorts World.
Resorts World workers are possibly part of Nix betting ring:
During August 2023, over dozen workers of the said casino and hotel and the MGM Grand received a legal document summoning them to appear in law court for the said investigation, said a person with knowledge of the matter. Additionally, in compliance with court fillings,“the Nix betting ring operated at the highest levels of professional sports, with former pro athletes acting as bookies, and clients including an MLB coach, active NFL and MLB players, an NBA player’s business manager, and a sports broadcaster.” In that regard, the sources said: “The federal probe is examining the possibility that current or former Las Vegas hotel employees acted as agents in the betting network, or paid off their own personal gambling debts to Nix with casino resources.” The investigation looks into the action of present and previous high-level executives at Resorts World and MGM Grand.
However, said federal law enforcement officers are particularly examining the claims that workers used promo chips and comps to pay out their individual gambling debts to Nix. But that’s not all; as they are also aware of the chance that the workers were actually agents in the Nix network, directing punters into the ring and taking a portion of their losses.
As for Nix, it admitted its fault during April 2022 to “conspiring to run an illegal gambling operation and failing to report $1.4 million in income in 2017 and 2018.” It also agreed to repay interest and taxes of $1.25 million and to turn over $1.3 million taken from bank accounts and serve up to 8 years in jail.
Source: Read Full Article